Srdjan Mirkovic, M.D.
Dr. Mirkovic is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon, concentrating on injuries and conditions of the spine, including the lumbar and cervical spine, spine arthroplasty, and operative management of the degenerative spine. Dr. Mirkovic is a spine consultant for the Chicago Bears and Chicago Fire. He is currently on staff at NorthShore University HealthSystem and Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
He is an active member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and has served on committees within the North American Spine Society, and the Spinal Arthroplasty society. In addition to receiving the Edward D. Henderson and Paul R. Harrington Orthopaedic Surgery Awards, he has also been given the Outstanding Spine Research Award from the North American Spine Society twice. Additionally, he has performed as a spine consultant on low back pain for the American Medical Association.
Dr. Mirkovic is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Northwestern University Medical School. He received his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine, completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine, as well as a fellowship in spinal surgery at the University of California at San Diego. He has been published in several issues of Spine, in the Journal of Spinal Disorders, the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, and has done extensive research and writing on the topics of spinal cord injury, spinal stenosis, and operative management of spinal disorders.
Dr. Mirkovic is sought internationally for his expertise and research findings in spine fusions and prosthetic disc replacements. His scholarly presentations, assistance in textbook preparation, and equipment design input have received the notice and praise of his colleagues and established his place as an expert in his field.
Education, Training & Research
- Undergraduate education, Universite de Liege, Liege, Belgium, 1976; Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA, 1980
- Medical school, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., 1984
- Rotating Surgical Internship, Baylor College of Medicine affiliated hospitals, Houston, Texas, 1985
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Baylor College of Medicine affiliated hospitals, Houston, Texas, 1989
- Spinal Surgery (Orthopedic and Neurosurgery) Fellowship, University of California in San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California, 1990
- Board certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1993
- Board re-certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2012
- Associate Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Spinal Injury Association
- Member, International Spinal Injection Society
- Member, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Cervical Research Society
- Member, Spine Study Group
- Member, Illinois Medical Society
- Member, Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- Member, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Team Physician (Spine), Chicago BEARS
To know more about "Srdjan Mirkovic, M.D." please click here.